eBooks and Audiobooks
Overdrive is the most widely-used eBook and eAudiobook platform for popular fiction and nonfiction titles.There are numerous ways you can access digital library materials from Overdrive.You may use your computer, Kindle, Nook, smartphone, tablet, iPad, or many other devices using the Libby app using the links below.
Download the Libby app to access Overdive digital content:
To access Overdrive content in your web browser on your computer, go to and select Grapevine Public Library, then enter your library card number and pin number to log in and start accessing Overdrive content..
These are mostly nonfiction and academic books that are only available for viewing on a computer, they cannot be downloaded to an e-reader.
EBSCOhost requires that you set up an account with a username and password. If it asks you for a Patron ID information from your administrator, type in the full 14 digit barcode on the back of the library card. You will then need to sign in using the account information using a user name and password.
Towards the bottom of the screen you will see a listing for eBook collection, and one for audiobook collection. If you already have an EBSCOhost account, you can click on those separate databases to access the collection. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call, 817.410.3404 or visit the EBSCO Help page.
Free Online eBooks
- Baen Books - Science fiction and fantasy books available for PC or Kindle.
- Book Lending - Allows you to lend or borrow books between Kindles.
- InkMesh - Searches more than thirty online sources for free eBooks.
- Project Gutenberg - The original site for over 33,000 free eBooks.
- Google Books - Nearly 3 million eBooks from the public domain
- Munseys - Offers 20,000 eBooks for Kindles, Nooks, and Sony Readers
- Open Library - Over one million books available to borrow from other libraries